Identifying Machine for DEC Memory

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:48:16 CDT 2020

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 at 09:08, Rob Jarratt via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I mistakenly bought some memory thinking it was for a VAXstation 4000 VLC.
> It turns out that it isn't. It physically fits a VAXstation 4000 Model 60,
> but putting it in that machine the machine fails to power up. The part
> number is 50-19464-02, and I am unable to identify what machine it works in.
> Can anyone tell me where to find out?

Your posts are reminding me that I must set up and test my 3 (!)
4000VLCs. I really regret giving away my 4000/60 now. It's lost
somewhere inside Red Hat Farnborough. :'(

I think the 4000VLC takes 80ns FP-mode DRAM with parity.

Something like this:
https://www.itechdevices.co.uk/ms40-ba-hp-64mb-ecc-mem-4-x-16mb-simms.html
(N.B. I think they don't know the difference between parity RAM and ECC RAM.)

Can you give us as much identifying info on your DIMMs as you've got?
Pictures on IMGUR or something would be helpful so long as they are
high-enough resolution to read the text.
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com