Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:49:58 CST 2020

sorry if you have already thought of this and I might be wrong, is the
278 cable the same as the vt78 RX cable?
I recall the external drive cable was a 37 pin male and a 25 pin male
but not all the pins were used in either one.
IIRC it was the same connector as used for the DP78 and LPT (DP78 was
used instead of LPT, as it was a parallel IO path used by the VT78)
Don't know if this helps....My memory is rusty, I did not work on the
DecMate series.
bob