Seeking Zenith Data Systems Z183-92 documentation

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Mon Feb 24 13:50:35 CST 2020

Good afternoon all;

I picked up a ZDS Z183-92 laptop over the weekend alongside a Kodak
Diconix 150 portable inkjet printer.

The prior owner doesn't think he ever had a power supply for the Z183,
although he discovered that it does power up sort-of from the Diconix
power supply wallwart(!)

The underside of the laptop has "12V" - and nothing else - so my
assumption is I need to find a 12V pack of suitable amperage. The Diconix
supply is 9VDC. The 9VDC is enough to bring up the LCD and at least some
of the internals (presumably the +5v ones) to have it _appear_ to POST,
but neither of the disks sound like they're running (either the internal
HDD or the 3.5" drive). I presume the internal HDD requires the +12v to
spin up, but I haven't dug into it yet.

Anywho - if anyone had any documentation on this machine I would very much
appreciate a scan. Or just confirmation what the power supply is supposed
to be outputting would be very helpful.

Thank you!

  - JP
50441