Any interest in "newer" hardware, software?

Mike Begley spam at hell.org
Fri Jul 24 12:46:32 CDT 2020

A lot of the younger collectors are spending ridiculous amounts of money on 486 & Pentium class machines on assorted facebook vintage and retro groups.  I don't get it either, but everyone has their fetishes and I try not to judge.  Parted out you can possibly get a couple hundred bucks out of a machine if you get lucky.

I personally might be interested in an 8" floppy drive, mainly to show my coworkers, some of whom didn't know such things existed.  I'm also vaguely interested in one of the PDP 11/23s, but I know it's already been vetoed by my wife without even asking.  😊  Any VT100-compatible terminals in the stash you'd be willing to part with?

I'm down in Seattle, and occasionally get up that way while camping, but this year you might as well be on the moon.  Maybe we could arrange to meet on the border near Oroville and Osoyoos, and you can throw them across the border.

-mike