OpenVMS Community License

Jason Howe jason at smbfc.net
Tue Jul 28 15:54:12 CDT 2020

On 7/28/20 9:39 AM, Camiel Vanderhoeven via cctalk wrote:

> Not supported, sure, but it will probably work just fine. When we released 8.4-2L1 I tested it on DEC 3000 AXP and DEC 4000 AXP systems, and it ran fine on those.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Camiel Vanderhoeven
>> VMS Software, Inc.
> R&D Department
>
> OpenVMS Kernel Engineer
> www.vmssoftware.com

Hi Camiel,

I'm curious how much memory your DEC 3000 has and if you found the
8.4-2L1 release was less of a memory hog than the latest 8.4 release
from HP.  I have 192Mb in my DEC 3000 and while that was more than
adequate for 8.3, once I moved to 8.4 I ended swapping to disk a lot
during seemingly mundane tasks.

Best,
Jason