OpenVMS Community License

Michael Kerpan mjkerpan at kerpan.com
Wed Jul 29 09:31:25 CDT 2020

In practical terms, I suspect that running VMS on a VAX (real or emulated)
will end up a lot like running DEC's PDP-11 software. Not technically
legal, but also not a practical problem, because the people who own the
rights simply don't care and aren't going to waste their time and resources
hunting down a bunch of nerds running obsolete software on ancient hardware
or some simulation thereof. If they DID decide that they cared, they'd be
within their right to go nuclear, but the odds of that happening are
exceedingly low.

Mike