Restarting Old Amiga's

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:03:47 CDT 2020

On 6/9/20 1:19 PM, Ethan O'Toole via cctalk wrote:
> My friend found the deal on the A4000Ts which includes mine. They weren't
> really cheap, and it was 3 in one deal surrounded by a ton of unknowns. All
> the manuals for the other things like the 060 accelerator and stuff -- the
> hardware wasn't with the systems. Ours have the slow CPU cards and the
> A4000T cases look like cheap PCs and are crazy large and empty, and the IO
> card on the back with the SCSI ribbons just seems poorly designed.

Yup. Mine's like that, too. Just an '040, and a case that seems far too big
for what's inside. If my "regular" 4000 was working I'd almost be inclined
to use that instead - the T model looks a bit too much like a crazy
mid-90's PC for my tastes (although the SCSI's nice).

Thoughts on this, incidentally? https://www.ebay.com/itm/254545704933
It's just an empty case, not even a complete machine, which claims to have
sold. No PSU, no "middle" drive bay hardware. I wonder if a friend of the
seller "bought" it and it was just a trick to drive up prices or something
- $550 seems ridiculous for an empty box, but I don't "do" ebay and don't
know how crazy people are or what kind of scams go on.

cheers

Jules