Looking for Convey Linux

Camiel Vanderhoeven camiel at camicom.com
Fri Jun 12 02:33:15 CDT 2020

Here’s another long shot…

Does anyone have access to a copy of Convey Linux? Or any documentation for the HC-1 or HC-2?

Convey was a company formed in 2007 by a few ex-Convex employees. I have several Convex super computers in my collection, and now I have a Convey HC-2 as well. The HC-2 is a 2U box full of FPGA’s and memory that acts as a coprocessor for an x86 system. The coprocessor can take on different “personalities” depending on the nature of the problem to be solved, and a personality development kit was available to develop custom personalities.

In the HC-1, the x86-64 system was housed in the same box as the coprocessor, with the coprocessor board plugging into one of the two Xeon sockets on the motherboard, but in the HC-2, the coprocessor is connected over an 8-lane PCIe connection. Cache coherency between the x86-64 host and the coprocessor is maintained.

I would dearly love to get this system running again, but lack the OS or other software.

Camiel