Apple 1

Jim Manley jim.manley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 23:35:41 CDT 2020

Starting in 1987, future Mac product circuitry and VLSI designs were run on
a Cray X-MP/48 for hardware and software simulations under Unicos Cray’s
licensed version of Unix System V:  Apple was the first company that Cray
allowed to access their Network Systems Corporation (Minneapolis) developed
high-speed channel, operating at 850Mbits per second, which Cray called its
HSX channel.

https://www.cbronline.com/news/apple_uses_cray_x_mp_and_unix_to_design_your_next_macintosh/