Unknown Intel blinkenlight panel circa 1973

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jun 16 19:13:04 CDT 2020

On 6/16/20 2:29 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> It's a stack of 16 memory cards covered in 4116 DRAMs and a couple of
> control/management  boards that cable over to the 11/70 the same way a
> DEC MK11 box does.

Oh yeah--I remember when 4116/2116 DRAMs were still new and in short
supply.   The local Intel sales rep dropped off a number of 2108s
("half-good" 2116s) as a stopgap.  There was a suffix on each one that
specified whether the bank (there were two "banks" in the 2116), should
be high or low.

I still have a few of those.   Interestingly enough, some weren't bad
enough that prevented me from using them as 16Kb parts.

In any case, they were a BIG improvement over the 22-pin 0.400" 2107
commodity parts.

--Chuck