Restarting Old Amiga's

Doc Shipley doc at vaxen.net
Fri Jun 26 14:53:48 CDT 2020

On 6/10/20 5:10 PM, Jules Richardson via cctech wrote:

>> That is crazy. To buy something to "mark to market" the price real
>> high ... you would still have to pay the crazy eBay fees.
>
> Yeah, it's weird. Mind you I was doing some poking around and A4000
> desktop/tower parts prices seem to generally be insanely high across the
> board.

   There are a bunch of new-production Amiga motherboard PCBs available
now, and they all require the original Amiga custom chips.  Individual
IC prices are higher than I've ever seen them and they're suddenly very
scarce.

   Even dead-dead-dead and stripped A3000 and A4000 boards are suddenly
valuable for the slot hardware

   That's also why empty cases are going so high.

ObBragALittle:  I just got my "Floppy209" Rev6.2 A2000 PCB this week,
and I am stoked.  I have an old 2000 that looks like it was stored on
its side (the wrong side) when the battery went.  All the logic is good,
except the CPU, but several of the card connectors are rotted
underneath.  This PCB is a gift from the universe!

ObWifeQuote:  Just looks like 4 square feet of expensive holes.

	Doc