Bringing up MVME 197LE (88k)

ryan@hack.net ryan@hack.net ryan at hack.net
Mon Jun 29 17:53:07 CDT 2020

Anyone have experience with the Moto 88k VME boards?  I have an MVME197LE that I’m trying to bring up but it’s staying in BRDFAIL, while SYSCON and RUN are green and pressing RESET appears to work.

Nothing on console at all. (via a 712 transition module)

Same behavior with the NVRAM removed.

I do have the mezzanine card which has stayed affixed with an interesting inter-board connection.  (Is this separate-able?  Should it function without this DRAM?).

I’ll dive deep into debugging this, but if anyone has some tips or experience they could share it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Ryan Brooks
ryan at hack.net