UniSys ClearPath OS/2200 Express?

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Tue Jun 30 19:51:02 CDT 2020

On 6/30/20 4:32 PM, Kevin Monceaux via cctalk wrote:
> Alan,
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 03:29:31PM -0700, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
>
>> Why would one get OS/2200 when they can get https://www.unisys.com/offerings/clearpath-forward/clearpath-forward-products/clearpath-mcp-software/clearpath-mcp-express ?
>>
>> OK, I may be a little biased since my first job out of college was working at Burroughs on MCP.
>
> I don't remember how I stumbled across the OS/2200 Express download option.
> I hadn't found the MCP Express download option.  Now that you've pointed it
> out, my download request has been submitted.
>
> Hello, my name is Kevin, and I'm a mainframe emulator/mainframe OS addict.
> :-)

Since I worked on the Burroughs stuff, I keep up with what Unisys has
done with it over the years. When I saw that the 2200 stuff was
available for free, I figured that the MCP stuff would be as well.

Actually I wasn't so interested in MCP, but I liked the stack
architecture and programming in NEWP (aside from the all caps syntax). I
missed the good old says when the MCP source code told the illicit story
of George and Sophia.

alan