For those with 6809 experience

osi.superboard osi.superboard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:39:42 CST 2020

My assumption is, that the LDA address access is too late at the end of
the instruction cycle, and the CPU already started the next instruction
cycle internally. HALT will be acknowledged only during the instruction
cycle following the LDA.
It would be interesting to measure, when the LDA pulls down the HALT
compared to the last instruction cycle signal (LIC). Maybe using LDD
will work better, because the HALT signal will be asserted one clock
before the instruction cycle ends.

Thomas