Prime documentation

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Wed Mar 11 17:16:06 CDT 2020

Dennis,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 05:03:01PM -0400, Dennis Boone via cctalk wrote:

> These are the essential ones:
>
>     -disk -split -part -dt -badlev
>
> Some of the others have less-abbreviated forms that would work, but are
> not critical.
>
> Note that at the "Enter command line options:" prompt, you can say
> "-help" to see the syntax summary.

I think I'm making progress.  I don't know if I've encountered an emulator
issue, or if the primos_22.1.4_1of3.tap tape image from Bitsavers is bad.  I
didn't encounter any errors unzipping the zip archive it was in.  When
restoring logical tape number 2 from it, I got an MT read error:

MT Read Error  000000  000300  020350... Unrecovered
Restore aborted on:  NETWORK_MGT*>ICS1DLLTSR.RUN
Unexpected EOF encountered:
NETWORK_MGT*>ICS1DLLTSR.RUN
Assuming End of Log. tape.
No LEOT record!
Illegal name.

followed by a variety of control characters and a few Unexpected EOF
encountered: errors.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.