HPE OpenVMS Hobbyist license program is closing

Michael Kerpan mjkerpan at kerpan.com
Wed Mar 11 18:00:32 CDT 2020

IIRC, System III is not really "legal", as it was never re-licensed with a
BSD style license the way earlier editions were. Of course, the important
thing was the open source release of V7 and 32V, as that allowed the
various BSDs to be made freely available. 4.3BSD has much more in the way
of goodies than System III (or even System V) in any event.

Mike