DIY Paper Tape Punch - Mechanism diagram?

Hugh Pyle hpyle at cabezal.com
Sat May 2 15:13:04 CDT 2020

Hi Steve!

I don't think Glowforge does DXF natively, but it should be easy enough to
convert to SVG using e.g. Inkscape.  I have a small paper-tape-pattern
Python app that generates svg for this purpose - very much like your
ptap2dxf, but less sophisticated :)
https://github.com/hughpyle/ASR33/blob/master/bin/patterns/README.md

It would be easier to cut from sheet (with a border line) than to cut 1"
tape.  Then alignment wouldn't be at all critical.
Another material that works well is subway tile, although I don't have a
reader for that.  Unless someone has already built a cellphone app that
reads 8-level tape...
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hughpyle/ASR33/master/pix/tape_subway_tile.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have access to the cutter right now, it's under
lockdown, so although I'd like to try more fun and games with it, they'll
have to wait...