Odd punched cards

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Sun May 10 02:42:07 CDT 2020

Mike and Peter reckoned
>> The systems that I'm familiar with that used EPCs were Burroughs 'E' series
>> accounting computers; the readers and perforators handled both PPT and EPCs
>> and the cards were a sort of random-access PPT.
>>
>> [PVP: ] I am having problems finding info on these two types of cards: EPT
>> and EPC. Can you point me in the right direction?

The paper tape reader for the SCM Typetronic 2816 could read a form of edge-punched
card but presumably these weren't compatible with anything else apart from the ones
it produced with its own 'Vertipunch' unit.
See page 22 of the operator handbook:
https://archive.org/details/scmtypetronic2816operatorhandbook/page/n21/mode/2up

I do have this tape/EPC reader (no cards unfortunately) and can take some pics if
anyone's interested.

Steve.