ISO: Diablo 30 heads

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:15:55 CDT 2020

Hi all --

I'm restoring a Xerox Alto and I started going over the system's Diablo 30
drive.  The heads are in bad shape; the bottom one is actually missing both
parts of the erase poles (so the black portion of the head no longer makes
a "t", it's just a black line).  This means the head (in addition to not
being able to erase) also won't float due to the head having small cavities
in them.  The upper head looks a little better but I'd love to find a set
of upper and lower heads if anyone has spares.

Then I get to learn how to align these things.

Thanks!
- Josh