Systems Engineering Laboratories - SEL History

Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:37:19 CST 2020

My memories of SEL beginnings are dusty. and rusty. I recall a bunch
of their systems being used in science related efforts, beecause of
the high IO capability. At the time, for NASA and others, it was the
ideal platform for data collection.  Not a bad compute capability -
many other systems in that space could do compute efforts more
quickly, but the none could match data IO for years. iirc, this was in
both the 16 and 32 bit lines.
I alwo recall when some folks from DEC VAX et al efforts left and
joined SEL - yep there is some back story there.
bob