Crypto Ancienne: TLS for the Internet of Old Things

John-Paul Stewart jpstewart at personalprojects.net
Tue Nov 17 18:45:37 CST 2020

On 2020-11-16 1:34 p.m., Cameron Kaiser via cctalk wrote:
> If you have an older pre-C99 system, I've backported a TLS 1.2 library to gcc
> versions as early as 2.5 as long as it has 64-bit ints (long long, usually)
> and stdarg.h.
>
> https://github.com/classilla/cryanc

That looks interesting.  I'm sure I'll end up playing with that at some
point.  I doubt that I personally have any practical use for such a
thing, but that won't stop me from looking into it!  I've got a few
systems that I can try it out on that aren't (yet) on the "supported" list.

Thanks for sharing!