Osborne 1 keyboard repair - success!

Tom Hunter ccth6600 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:59:25 CST 2020

Hi Patrik,

As to the superglue - it was the only option because the prongs are just
melted flat. To get the key mechanism out or off I had to scrape all the
melted plastic off. I then subsequently re-attach the key mechanism to the
aluminium backing board by applying a tiny drop of superglue between what
was left of each prong and the associated hole in the aluminium backing
plate. The key mechanisms can be pushed out again with moderate effort if
it is ever necessary again.

Best regards
Tom Hunter