Remote job submission from PDP-11

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:06:46 CDT 2020

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 9:46 AM Chris Zach via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I do have a bunch of Unibus 3270/X.25 boards from a third party vendor.
> Big big boards with a bunch of Z80's on them to do all the protocol
> work. Anyone interested in me digging them out and figuring out what
> they were?

Do you have a way to share photos?  I'd be looking for vendor labels,
EPROM labels, and especially legible chip photos of 40 or 48-pin DIP
chips (one or two of which are likely to be USARTs - common ones to
look for are COM5025 and Zilog Z8530)

We used the COM5025 on our Unibus COMBOARDs (one model for Bisync and
one for SNA, but because of memory differences between our own boards,
not for protocol reasons).  Our VAXBI and Qbus boards, designed after
1984, used the Z8530.  We had HASP, 3780, and SNA available for the
Qbus board.

There are likely other chips, but those are the ones I have direct
experience with (and code examples for)

-ethan