Remote job submission from PDP-11

Peter Allan petermallan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:38:54 CDT 2020

Thanks to everyone who has sent suggestions about remote job submission
from a simulated PDP-11 to a simulated IBM/370.

Although I do want to get this working on a simulated PDP-11 running
RSX-11M, the mention of the Unix 'send' command grabbed my attention, since
that rings a vague bell in my memory that there might have been a 'send'
command on the RSX-11M machine that I used in the previous millennium. This
was at a university, so I can imagine someone taking the Unix code and
porting it to RSX-11M.

Of course, this was a long time ago and I might have a faulty memory.

It would still be great to get the proper RSX-11M tools if they exist
somewhere. I am prepared to have a go at writing the appropriate
synchronous interface for simh if those tools do exist. I know that there
is a DUP-11 device already, but the code explicitly says that it does not
implement bisync.

Cheers to all

Peter Allan