DEC ADV11-D Analog to Digital converter with DMA

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Fri Oct 16 20:00:29 CDT 2020

On 10/16/20 5:34 PM, Mark Matlock via cctech wrote:
>     I recently acquired an ADV11-D Qbus A/D board and having been working on a RSX11M+ driver for it. It is similar enough to the ADV11-C that the driver I wrote for the -C works ok, but the -D is DMA capable.
>
>      It seems to have two extra CSR registers in addition to the CSR, and read buffer. Does anyone have documentation for this board? It is mentioned in the Oct. 88 Microsystems Option Guide and both RSX and VMS supported it. It was also mentioned in the Dec 92 Real Time Products Technical manual.
>
>    It has a 40 pin IDC connector that appears to have some amount of differences from the ADV11-C and no where have I seen any info on the DMA capability.
>
>     Does anyone have a ADV11-D user manual or XXDP source code for testing it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I just picked a AAV11-D D/A Board for which documentation is also
scarce. The general design may be similar.  I should be able to reverse
engineer the analog/digital output section for pin-outs. Lacking
manuals/source code, if someone has an existing driver or software in
binary, I would be willing to disassemble that for its secrets.  Perhaps
these boards mimic the methods used by ADAC or Data Translation used for
their Qbus products.  Their documentation may also give some insight on
how to setup these CSR's.

Regards,
Jerry