NetWare 5.1 / BorderManager 3.5

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 06:08:43 CDT 2020

On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 at 06:34, Grant Taylor via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 9/8/20 7:18 PM, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> > I haven't tested that specific ISO.
>
> The particular ISO that you linked to is Novell NetWare 5.1 (Support
> Pack 0).  So it needs support packs installed on it.

But that's good, isn't it?

I confess I may have misread your original message as being "I need
NW5.1 with no SPs." Was that wrong?

But if you have SP0, no bugfixes, then surely you can just install the
SPs on top of it to get to whatever level you want?

My $DAYJOB was part of Novell until about a year ago. I _may_ be able
to find internal download links still but I am not confident. Want me
to start asking around? I may need some fairly specific info as there
are few Netware folk left now. E.g. how many separate SPs did NW5.1
get?  Do you need both US and ROW versions?

> I've learned that there are different Support Packs, "Domestic" and
> "International" having to do with the 128-bit vs 56-bit encryption woes
> of the '90s.

Oh dear...

TBH I have a suspicion nobody may have kept stuff like that, even
inside Novell... :(

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com