SPARCstation ELC Installation and repair guide

Michael Engel engel at multicores.org
Tue Sep 15 15:52:58 CDT 2020

Hi,

> On 15 Sep 2020, at 20:24, Rico Pajarola via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have the Sun SPARCstation ELC Installation and repair guide?
>
> I have a few naked ELC boards and I'd like to know what that edge connector
> does (presumably power and video) and if feasible build something from it
> (1U rackmount Sun4c server? Slim client built into the back of an LCD?
> SPARC Laptop? Endless possibilities....)

Somebody had that idea already (and I like it... but I gave away all of my SLCs and ELCs years ago):
http://www.sunhelp.org/~mouse/headless-elc.html

However, it seems that this is still using the connector board which the actual CPU board plugs into. The page mentions that the author has been sent a pinout of the edge connector, but it isn't linked.

Have fun,
    Michael