Exploring early GUIs

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Sep 19 11:00:16 CDT 2020

    > From: Lars Brinkhoff

    > There are emulators for the CADR Lisp machine ... There's no emulators
    > for the CONS, but I claim it would be interesting to attempt one.

I'm not sure CONS ever ran as a stand-alone system; I suspect (but don't
recall for sure; RG, TK or Moon or someone could confirm one way or the
other) that it ran as a loosely-coupled co-processor to MC, the way the Chess
Machine did.

The CONS and the Chess Machine were both in the same room; 906-907 or
so:

  https://gunkies.org/wiki/File:9th_floor_techsquare.png

When the first CADR was built, its console was in the room next door (in the
higher-numbered room direction); I remember watching over Moon's shouulder
the night they first tried to boot it.

	Noel