ISO: Motorola MDP-1000 info/software

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:55:54 CDT 2020

Den ons 30 sep. 2020 kl 08:26 skrev Josh Dersch via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org>:

> Hi all --
>
> This is a long shot, but I was curious if anyone might have information on
> the Motorola MDP-1000 minicomputer.  I picked one up recently and I'm
> working on restoring it.  Of particular interest is the power supply, which
> is external to the processor and which I am missing.  I think I have the
> voltages worked out (+/-5V and +/-15V), but there are a number of other
> signals on the power supply connector that I'm unsure of at the moment.
>
> I've put a few pictures up here:
>
> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqb36sqnCIfMpIVYmzKjFnsT3nHh8w?e=b2iqqv

Interesting machine. I see many standard Texas Instruments TTL parts in
there, for example SN7475, SN7483, SN7401. But there are also chips marked
SN4813, SN4814, SN4820. Never seen TI chips marked 48xx before. Also a few
chips marked SN6392. Out of curiosity I tried to look them up in the
old databooks at bitsavers, but didn't find them.

What kind of lCs are these?

/Mattis