DEC H8575-A DB25 to MMJ

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:43:11 CDT 2021

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 9:53 AM Jonathan Stone <kiwi_jonathan at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Google Shopping shows the PA2067 MMJ die available at 3 online stores. Digi-Key lists it too.
>
> What are the pros and cons of the die and a PA8000 CrimpALL, versus the IEC tool ( https://iec.net/product/modular-crimp-tool-for-rj11-dec-mmj-connectors/) ? If one either already has an RJ45 crimp tool; or doesn't have any crimping tool at all?

I can't answer the question about how the Paladin / Greenlee / Tempo
Communications PA8000 CrimpALL + PA2067 MMJ die compares to other
crimping tools. I don't have any first hand comparison knowledge.

As far as availability of the PA2067 dies, Mouser and DigiKey say
Obsolete and none in stock. The PA8035 (PA8000 with PA2067) that I
have I bought from Online Components. They now show none in stock for
both the PA8035 and PA2067.

While there might be some of these floating around in inventory
somewhere, I'm skeptical that most that show up in search results for
online stores are actually available. Most likely if an order was
placed it would be canceled after a few days when the seller realizes
they have none in stock and they can no longer order any from the
manufacturer.