Anyone know ancient versions of XLC?

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Thu Apr 15 11:57:41 CDT 2021

On 4/15/21 9:42 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 at 16:00, Stefan Skoglund <stefan.skoglund at agj.net> wrote:
>
>> FRAME from that era was nice and fast.
> As in FrameMaker? I barely know it. Back in the '80s I was a total
> Aldus PageMaker fanboy. :-) IMHO one of the greatest GUI apps ever
> written.

I've used FrameMaker a lot...it's great for handling large documents and
collections of documents.  Used it quite a bit at IBM and handled 1000+
page documents (of course that wasn't all one "source" file).

I could never get my head around Word for anything more than 10 pages or
so.  Just too hard to deal with everything in massive documents.

Now I almost exclusively use LaTeX.  I've found that being able to use
my own text editor to actually write the content means I don't have to
switch between different notions on how moving around and edit should
work.  Using a mark-up language also means I generally have more control
on how things appear in the document (something that continually
frustrated me with Word especially when dealing with cross references
and figures).

--
TTFN - Guy