Apple 3.5" drive issue

David Williams nospam212-cctalk at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 16:56:13 CDT 2021

Moved recently and finally have space to set up the collection and play
with it. I've set up my Apple IIgs and a Macintosh Plus and in testing
they are still working but while doing so I've noticed an issue with the
3.5" drives. I have an Apple Superdrive and 4 Apple 3.5 Drives on the
IIgs and where they all work as far as reading and writing, only the
Superdrive can actually eject the disks. The Mac Plus has the internal
drive and an external Apple 800K drive, both of which work except not
being able to eject disks either. So out of 7 drives, I have one that
doesn't need a paperclip to eject the disk. Haven't opened them up to
look at them yet, wanted to see if this is common and suggestions on
possible causes to check.

Thanks.

David Williams
www.trailingedge.com