Got DSM-11 running, any manuals online?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Jan 8 11:59:49 CST 2021

> On Jan 7, 2021, at 9:38 PM, Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Well, with Dave's help we got the DSM-11 disk to boot on SIMH. Oddly enough SIMH seems to read a raw RQDX1/2 disk pretty well.

> The problem is I don't remember how to use it anymore. Is there a PDF of the DSM-11 manual anywhere? I think this was a clean install, but I'd like to check it for data before putting it into archives.

Neat.

I know nothing about DSM-11 other than the name, and the fact it was the OS on top of which ASSIST-11 was implemented.

Some googling turns up this http://www.ps8computing.co.uk/dsm-11.html which is modestly helpful.
And this: https://kevinmurrell.tripod.com/dsm-11.htm
And this: http://h30266.www3.hpe.com/MasterIndex/installation_guide/installation_guide_0095de04.txt which suggests that semi-useful manuals might be found in the VMS documentation set, possibly under the name "Digital Standard M" rather than "...MUMPS".

	paul