APL\360

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Jan 14 22:35:55 CST 2021

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 07:55:52PM -0800, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
> Yes, I suppose that somebody of sufficient skill COULD write
> accounting software with it, . . .
> But why?

When I was living outside Dallas around 1988 or so, I knew a woman who
had a job-for-life with an insurance company that ran their whole company
on APL.  Of course by that time she was sick of working on the same thing
all the time, but they could not afford to let her go -- no one else could
do any maintance to it.

(I no longer remember the name of the insurance company ...)

mcl