DDCMP sync?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 12:48:14 CST 2021

> On Jan 27, 2021, at 4:05 AM, Mattis Lind <mattislind at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Den tis 26 jan. 2021 kl 22:39 skrev Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net>:

>> I looked a bit at that Weact thing but got lost in the fulminating about "pirated" copies.  Seriously?  Open source designs are meant to be copied; "pirated" is a nonsensical term.  Low quality copies, that would be a valid complaint.  (The use of leaded solder, all things equal, increases quality rather than reducing it, by the way.)
>
> I really don't think that WeAct say that it is "Open Source". Do you see a license saying it is Open Source?

No, I just spent a while looking and I didn't see one.

Very strange.  The whole Arduino thing is all about open source, so it's bizarre to see an Arduino spinoff that isn't open.  It's permitted, since the Arduino license isn't GPL, but it's surprising.

I can't see much reason to do business with a closed Arduino clone purveyor when good open ones are readily available from Adafruit and many others.

>> The ARM chips used in the Adafruit boards I've used have on-chip flash so I'd assume that runs quickly, but I'll have to try to find out.
> No, It also has wait states. But the TCM can be used as a cache as far as I can see from a quick check. I am by no means an expert on this. I just had a quick look right now. (https://github.com/adafruit/ArduinoCore-samd/issues/37)

Thanks, I'll check that out, it may be needed.

> > If you have further questions feel free to ask. Would be nice to add DDCMP support as well! Then perhaps I could try those M8203 / M8207 boards I have sitting here.
>
> Thanks, will keep that in mind.  What sort of connection and signaling do your DMR boards use?
>
>> Not really sure.
>>
>> http://forum.datormuseum.se/item/6E7AA955-997A-4568-B181-843BD5AC1321.html
>> http://forum.datormuseum.se/item/33D8D630-0CDD-4D92-A148-06F88644BA17.html
>>
>> I don't have DEC connector kits to go from 40 pin BERG to something else.

Ok, that suggests one possible answer for a DDCMP USB board would be "40 pin BERG connector" as opposed to a modem connector or AMP coax connector.

	paul