Small DEC QBUS backplane

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sat Jan 30 20:23:18 CST 2021

On 1/30/2021 6:16 PM, Nigel Johnson via cctalk wrote:
> I can't go very far with the EXB8200 because I don't have a cartridge
> for it.  I am now trying the Compaq DLT4000.
Off the shelf 8mm tape media works fine.  Might not be "archival" rated,
but I have stuff that is 30 years old and reads fine off both that media
and the 4mm tape drives.

Only tape I have that won't read is one I marked as one I aborted the
backup on and kept "just in case" and is marked "bad".  All the rest read.

I don't think any of the 8mm media is manufactured anymore, but NOS
should work fine.
thanks
Jim