PDP-11/70 debugging advice

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 16:56:09 CST 2021

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 2:39 PM Guy Sotomayor via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Did you check to make sure that power is wired correctly to the
> PEP-70/Hypercache?  They are typically installed in "empty" slots and
> don't have power (or anything else) routed to them.  They require some
> additional jumpers to be installed on the backplane so that they get power.

Yes, it's wired up (Don't know who did the installation, but I'm assuming
it was operational at some point).  There are four large black jumper wires
leading from slot 18 to slot 19, matching the instructions in the PEP70
installation manual.

Thanks,
Josh