Looking for VAX6000 items

Brian Roth abacos_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 21:21:18 CDT 2021

Its going to be interesting for sure. I am currently running some better power into the shop. The requirements for the 6000 is 3 phase. I just finished reassembling the power inlet box and I'm pretty sure it will run fine on 2 phases. I had to trace the right phases to energize the contactor and power the convenience outlets. I really want to find some engineering drawings for it. The drawings on bitsavers helped a lot but some parts are blurry and unreadable.
I love the big iron. I had no choice at the time but I regret getting rid of my 780. I contacted the guy who has it now recently and after 7 years he's getting ready to start work on it.

I actually think I have some 4000 parts in the archives somewhere.Let me know if you get one.

I really wish there was a hobby emulator for the 6000. The Charon emulator looks pretty robust but commercial only.
    On Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 8:38:43 PM EDT, Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com> wrote:

 On Jul 13, 2021, at 10:33 AM, Brian Roth via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Started work on putting together a couple of VAX6000. 4x0 and 5x0. Looking for spare XMI, VAXBI, Cab kits DSSI,Ethernet,CI, Storage arrays, spare regulators etc. Will travel the Northeast for larger items.Also Engineering drawings as the ones on Bitsavers are really hard to read.
> Thanks,Brian.

I’m impressed!  What are the power requirements?  I’ve only ever seen one VAX 6000 it was in a Datacenter I had hardware in 20 years ago.

I’ve recently become interested in getting a VAX 4000, though I keep trying to convince myself it would be crazy.

Zane