Items Wanted

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Mon Jul 19 22:03:49 CDT 2021

On 7/11/2021 9:33 AM, Eric Moore via cctalk wrote:
> Hello, I am looking for any of the following items. I have terminals and
> assorted qbus and S100 cards for trade, or am happy to discuss payment :).
>
> 1) Qbus scsi card

You and me both.  ;)  I have one - and I intend to keep it.

> 2) Emulex TC01
> 3) QBUS bus probe
> 4) SD2SCSI

Do you mean a device that emulates a SCSI drive with an SD card?  Why
not just go out and purchase a SCSI2SD V5.1 - a little slower than the
newer ones, but works fine in my Sun, SGI and Intergraph Boxen.

I also just bought one of the less expensive Androda SCSI emulators -
designed for Macs, really, but it might work and it is relatively
inexpensive.

> 5) Teletype DRPE or ARPE (already have a BRPE) paper tape punches
> 6) AED/tektronix/SGI/etc... graphics terminal

FYI, if you have "Pizza Boxes" then I have found that the cable commonly
available (VGA one end, 13W3 on the other - the one with switches on it)
works well on both Sun and SGI Boxen.   Google Sun VGA 13W3 on eBay.
You probably want the one with the switches.)

> 7) Unfomatted pertec controller (any bus)

I have some old Pertec formatters that have no bus interface.  Free to
good homes.  Some were mouse houses for a while, but were subsequently
cleaned up reasonably well.  Models F649-72 (2 of those) and F649-40.
Heavy to ship.

In addition, I think I have a TC031, Pertec/QBus (I think) that I really
am not using.  I tried it out once - I think the issue was that I had a
Pertec interface speed mismatch between it and the HP drive I have with
a Pertec interface (which also has issues with loading tape.)   I
suspect it is formatted, however.

> 8) S100 jade bus probe, system monitor board, or similar
> 9) Anything fabri-tek, Gould, or SEL

I have a Fabritek memory box.  I think it was on a PDP-12, but am not
100% certain without going back and looking at old paperwork.  I am not
sure of its condition, electrically speaking - whether it had slots for
cables, or cables coming out of it, and if the latter, whether they are
intact.  It has been stored in my basement for decades, low and dray.
That would take some work to pry out of my hands.

> 10) blinkenlights and flippenpaddles computers, any interesting front
> panels, etc...
> 11) ESDI disk emulator

I am not aware of any such beasties in the wild.  MFM, yes, but I
haven't seen ESDI.   I would love for such a thing to exist, thinking of
my Apollo, 3B2 and IBM RT/PC workstations.