Items Wanted

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Mon Jul 19 23:00:27 CDT 2021

On Jul 19, 2021, at 8:03 PM, Jay Jaeger via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 7/11/2021 9:33 AM, Eric Moore via cctalk wrote:
>> Hello, I am looking for any of the following items. I have terminals and
>> assorted qbus and S100 cards for trade, or am happy to discuss payment :).
>> 1) Qbus scsi card
>
> You and me both.  ;)  I have one - and I intend to keep it.

Yeah, they are sort of a necessity.

>> 4) SD2SCSI
>
> Do you mean a device that emulates a SCSI drive with an SD card?  Why not just go out and purchase a SCSI2SD V5.1 - a little slower than the newer ones, but works fine in my Sun, SGI and Intergraph Boxen.

The SCSI2SD v5.1 should be faster than the Q-Bus.  I bought several recently, and plan to put one in my PDP-11/73.  I even opted for these for my VAXstation 4000’s.  I figure I’ll use the newer ones in an AlphaStation.

>> 11) ESDI disk emulator
>
> I am not aware of any such beasties in the wild.  MFM, yes, but I haven't seen ESDI.   I would love for such a thing to exist, thinking of my Apollo, 3B2 and IBM RT/PC workstations.

I’d also love to have one of these, preferably using SD or CF cards.  The Webster WQESD/04 card is a fantastic card, it’s only downfall is that it works with ESDI drives, rather than SCSI, and they’re big and loud. :-)

Zane