What's left of the Houston Museum stuff

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Jul 22 16:30:30 CDT 2021

On 7/22/21 2:04 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> On 7/21/21 6:12 PM, Lee Courtney wrote:
>> Al or other - any idea what happened to the SDS relics and detris HCM picked up after the donation to CHM?
>>

> I was just in contact with the person who actually did the cleanout of the museum warehouse (not the current seller)
>
> "As I cleared the warehouse, I found bits and pieces of the 910 strewn across the building in no specific order (backplanes, parts of tape
> drives, boards, etc). I believe that the SDS system was destroyed and possibly scrapped, except for the boards, which were all placed in
> boxes."
>
> So he scrapped it.

here are the last known pictures of the cabinets, from Oct, 2010 when they were picked up from Jim
https://www.flickr.com/photos/houcompmuseum/

i'm amazed the link still works

last message from him is here from alt.folklore.computers

which I posted here in 2019
https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/marketplace/vintage-computer-items-for-sale-or-trade/72862-vintage-computer-warehouse-liquidation/page3#post885945