What's left of the Houston Museum stuff

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Fri Jul 23 20:26:58 CDT 2021

On Jul 23, 2021, at 4:00 PM, Vincent Slyngstad via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 7/23/2021 2:56 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
>> Personally when I see “Museum” in this context, I don’t think of this as a museum not taking care of the artifacts, I look at this from the standpoint of the founder not taking the necessary steps when setting the Museum up to ensure its preservation after his death (or when the founder runs out of money).
>
> I thought there was a disaster (flood) that had basically trashed the place.  Did I get that wrong?  (I could understand a "failure in planning" followed by "total liquidation of assets" in such a scenario.)
>
> 	Vince

I’d thought he passed away, maybe not.

I did some digging through my email archives, and Sellam posted this in 2019.
https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/marketplace/vintage-computer-items-for-sale-or-trade/72862-vintage-computer-warehouse-liquidation/page3?71708-Vintage-Computer-Warehouse-Liquidation=#post885945 <https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/marketplace/vintage-computer-items-for-sale-or-trade/72862-vintage-computer-warehouse-liquidation/page3?71708-Vintage-Computer-Warehouse-Liquidation=#post885945>

Actually Al mentions in that thread it failed due to lack of funding, so my memory isn’t totally faulty.  It looks like there were questions in 2019 about what had happened to John Keys.

It also sounds like there might have been at least two floods that have hit the collection.  I think I found messages mentioning both 2015 and 2017 floods.

Zane