FTGH for pickup in So Cal v2: Macs, Atari ST, various hardware

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Sun Jul 25 15:50:05 CDT 2021

The PDP-11, VT100, Flyer/Video Toaster and some of the Macs have found homes,
but there are still some items left and a couple more I added. These will be
going to the recycler soon unless they are spoken for (all free to good
homes). I may be adding some others, too. As before items are at various
locations in Riverside-San Bernardino, CA. Please contact me OFFLIST to
arrange PICKUP.

POSSIBLY WORKING:
Mega ST4 with Megafile 60 and SC1224 and SM125 monitors. These are a bit
yellowed and the keyboard is thrashed. Also, the TOS is on a separate card
with two leads that got loose and I don't know where they go (probably to +Vcc
and a select pin). Thus, can't test the monitors or the hard disk, but the
system does power on, and the hard disk does power up and makes happy hard
disk noises. No idea what's on it. The SM125 puts on a power light and does
appear to try to make a picture, though its previous owner separated it from
its stand for some reason. The SC1224 sounds like the flyback is bad but may
be serviceable. Includes ST mouse and hard disk cable. No manuals or
software. If you want this unit, you need to take everything including the
monitors.

PARTIALLY WORKING:
500MHz iBook G3 laptop (snow, not colour) M6497 with tray loader optical
drive and power supply. Does boot OS X, but needs a new LCD backlight (mini
VGA port works and you can see the display in bright light) and battery is
of course toast. Otherwise physically intact except that ex-bro-in-law put
grotty stickers on it.

PARTIALLY WORKING:
Quad G5 2.5GHz x2x2, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 6600. Got whacked in shipping and one
side of the case is damaged. No hard disk. Does power on but you will need
to service the processors and the liquid cooling system. Aftermarket optical
drive needs "help" when you eject it. Add your own USB keyboard and mouse.

PARTIALLY WORKING:
Sawtooth Power Mac G4 450MHz. No RAM, no video card, no hard disk. Used to
be my file server but had issues with one of the PCI slots. Has optical drive
and ZIP with matching Apple bezels. Does power on, but obviously without RAM
or a video card (AGP) will not pass POST. Add your own USB keyboard and mouse.

NOT WORKING:
Single G5 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce 5200. The previous owner seemed to have
had a disagreement with the front panel connector and the front panel
connector lost. I received it stripped to the chassis except for the
processor and the logic board, but it does have the fans, video card, wireless
(with T-antenna), power supply and panel cable. Because the front panel
connector is busted I can't test it. You get to replace the front panel
assembly and put it back together. This unit is air-cooled, but probably
could benefit from reapplying thermal compound while you're at it. Has optical
drive (disconnected), no hard disk, add your own USB keyboard and mouse.

Various other items:

Apple II Super Serial card with DB-25 670-0020-? (uses 6551 ACIA) and
Apple IIe 80 column 64K memory expansion 607-0103-K. Can't test them but
both look intact.

Kurta Penmouse. Serial and PS/2 connectors. Seems to have a power supply
jack (9V) but I don't have the power supply and I don't know if it needs
it. Can't test it, no drivers, physically intact.

Sun model 411 SCSI CD-ROM. Requires caddy. Won't mount discs, might need a
recap.

Samsung 17" SyncMaster CRT. Works fine, great shape, just too big to keep
around anymore.

UMAX Astra 2100U flatbed USB scanner with power supply. Powers on. Works
with classic Mac OS but probably most systems. No driver disc.

Pair of Telular SX5 GSM terminals. These were the server room's backup
communication system. They work, but no GSM network to connect to anymore.
Might be fun if you set one up. Real serial ports! Real GSM modem! Full
kits with power supply.

Visual UpTime Select T1 CSU/DSU. Has a Cisco V.35 cable connected and
jacks for Ethernet, serial, DSX-1 and T1. Powers on, obviously goes
right into Red Alarm since there's no network. You telco nerds will love it.

Adaptec AHA-1542CF ISA SCSI card. I don't have a system to put this in.
Looks fine, might work. No software or drivers.

ATI PCI Rage XL card, VGA DE-15 port. Likely for PC, doesn't seem to have
a Mac ROM. Good condition. No drivers.

Diamond ATI Radeon HD 6450 PCIe card with DVI, VGA, HDMI. Has manual, no
drivers. Good condition.

Various complete external modem packages ranging from 14.4 to 33.6K.

-- Man fears Time, yet Time fears the Pyramids. -- Arab proverb ---------------