Reading MT/ST Tapes

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sat Jul 31 23:36:19 CDT 2021

On 7/31/2021 8:12 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 7/31/21 6:23 PM, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
>
>> A practice still observable on Youtube where you can marvel at a grimy oily
>> ASR33 being stripped down and restored, all the while whilst wearing a spotless
>> crisp ironed long-sleeve pin-striped business shirt... :)
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEzpYHb4p5w
> Another one comes to mind--picking out bits of shredded ribbon from a
> line printer type train.
>
> --Chuck

A friend told me of  guy who prided him on the white shirt and tie sort
of dress code
despite it being unnecessary at a place he worked.  People would just
shake their
heads and just let it go.

One morning, a lady he worked with stopped him short of going into a
room where
the printer were, and a burster.  "Johnny (or whatever)" is in there,
you don't want
to go in.

He peeked in and a burster had shot carbon paper from about half a case
of 4 ply
all over the room and he was having to pick up the mess.

thanks
Jim