BA11 power filter

Steve Maddison steve at cosam.org
Wed Jun 2 05:48:01 CDT 2021

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 at 23:39, Chris Zach via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Interesting: I just tried firing up a pair of BA11-N's to see if they
> work. One blew the fuse in that block in the back and I thought it was a
> shorted PS but the PS input caps are not shorted. I'll check to see if
> the filter capacitor in that spot is shot.

That is also interesting to me, that you have a fuse in there or even
any visible components other than switches. Maybe they opted for more
discrete components in other variations of the chassis (I can't
actually find the BA11 designation on mine). My actual PSU also seems
to be unscathed although I have not checked it thoroughly as yet.

-Steve