Large Scale Systems Museum

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Thu Jun 10 17:56:49 CDT 2021

    https://www.mact.io/

    Hi folks!  We've been away from Facebook for awhile, but we've been staying
busy here.  Now that things are starting to get back to normal from the
disruption of Covid19, we're doing tours again, and we're getting our
volunteer work days rolling again, restoring more and more vintage systems for
you to enjoy.

    However, we're in a bit of a pickle, and we need your help.  Our main floor
air conditioning system has died, and is beyond repair.  It's a 40-year-old
power hungry system anyway, so it really just needs to be replaced.  We have a
quote in-hand from a local, reputable A/C contractor for a brand new,
ultra-efficient system, and we're trying to raise funds for it, about $8500.
We're already about halfway there from recent private donations.  If we're
unable to get the rest of the way there, we'll have no choice but to close for
the summer.

    As an all-volunteer, donation-funded nonprofit educational organization, we
depend on your support to keep doing what we do.  Please help us if you can.
We accept donations via PayPal to donations at mact.io, or via check/money order
made out to Museum of Applied Computer Technology, mailed to the museum at 924
4th Avenue, New Kensington, PA 15068.

    Any overage will be put toward our utility bills and other operating
expenses. LSSM/MACT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

      Thank you,
          -Dave McGuire
           President/Curator, LSSM/MACT