IBM Logic IC equivalency information needed

Santo Nucifora santo.nucifora at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 15:10:01 CDT 2021

To provide an update on the repairs so far, I've been able to save a few
boards while others are waiting for parts.

I was able to save a display card (I have two bad ones and one is waiting
for parts) and an APL ROS card which is really great.  All by replacing
some bad TTL logic chips.  I still have more work to do.

I also have two bad keyboards. It is the actual keyboard assembly as a
known working keyboard works fine.  I have taken them apart and cleaned
them as best I could but that didn't help.  One has exactly one key that
works (a slash key on the number pad) but no other keys register.  The
second keyboard doesn't register anything.  I am measuring this from the
keyboard connector on the keyboard mechanism.  One of the 5110's I acquired
had a full set of manuals but they were water damaged and the schematics
manual was one solid block of paper with all pages stuck
together, unfortunately.  I could really use some schematics.

Does anyone have any schematics for the 5100/5110 they can share?  There
are some schematics in the 5100 Maintenance Information Manual on Bitsavers
but they are more logical diagrams than actual schematics.  What I don't
know is if my "block of schematics" was like this as well.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Santo