VT340 Emulation

Wayne S wayne.sudol at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 18:50:10 CDT 2021

We tried to use Reflection 240 on IBM PS/2 machines circa 1990. IIRC, it installed easily w/o needing special drivers.
For the most part it worked as advertised. We didn't really need Regis graphics so we never tested that out. It's problem was that it was really slow on PCs, much slower than a real VT240 terminal. We were trying to use Dec's "all in one" office automation to do word processing and spreadsheets. It's slowness caused us to abandon it and just use word perfect and lotus 123 instead. FYI, There are reflection manuals on the wayback machine for reference.

Wayne