Early Programming Books

Paul Birkel pbirkel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 10:41:36 CDT 2021

TYDAC (TYpical Digital Automatic Computer) is very much an instruction set
of its time.

Memory is 2000 words of ten decimal digits and sign.
Words are either numbers or instructions.
I/O is punch cards, special typewriter, or a paper-tape reading device on
the typewriter.
Four magnetic tapes are assumed as auxiliary memory.
ALU includes an Accumulator (11 digits + sign) and Multiply-Quotient (10
digits + sign).
Instruction set includes floating-decimal add, multiply, and divide.
46 instructions (out of a possible 100) are defined.