Early Programming Books

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Jun 21 08:02:41 CDT 2021

On 6/21/2021 12:17 AM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> It's been over 50 years since I last did this, so I may have gotten
> something wrong in my wetware.   But you get the general idea.
The University of Southwestern Louisiana had a running (actually two
CPUs) and a reader punch and printer that I was able to do this with.
1974.  I suspect destroyed as they didn't appreciate such.

They had it in storage and I pulled it out and restored it.  That I
could isn't a credit to me, but to the bullet proof IBM (or close enough
or me) nature of it, and great manuals.

They did keep the Microdata 3200 which is in the Computer History
Museum, and was on display prior to their current exhibit layout.

That 1620 would have been a fantastic addition to their running
display.  Much easier to work on than what it sounds like the 1401 is.
And with a duplicate backup.

thanks
Jim